What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Services, including when you create an account, purchase a class or other product, write a review, sell or refer products or services, sign up to become a merchant, sign up to receive information from us or other users of the Services, use any of the features on AH, or otherwise contact us with questions, comments, or requests.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to, (a) your name, contact information, username, password, address(es), name, date of birth, gender, phone number, Social Security number, tax- ID number, ACH information, credit card information, and other registration information for AH or its service providers; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers; and (c) information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, and the search terms you enter on the Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Services, and to improve the Services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Services saves on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or similar technologies.
How Do We Use this Information?
We, and our affiliates and subsidiaries, may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- providing you with suggestions on groups to join, people to follow, products or services to buy, events to attend, people, products, services or merchants to endorse, things to rate, discussion threads to contribute to, videos to watch, or things to do;
- providing you with information about the Services or required notices;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- customizing your experience when using the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Services;helping our advertisers, sponsors and partners better understand our users (provided that for such purposes we only use de-identified information); and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the online or mobile Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Services and on other websites.
Under What Circumstances Do We Disclose this Information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Services:
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- to service providers who work on our behalf and/or who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, service providers who provide order and/or payment processing services, business partners, advertisers, ambassadors, merchants, advisors, company officers and directors, and other interested parties;
- to business partners who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Services, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services; and
- to affiliates, service providers, advisors, or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and platform usage traffic patterns, purchasing behavior, geographical information as well as other de-identified information, with third parties.
The Services also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Where is this Information Processed?
Information collected through the Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. By using the Online Services, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States.
How is Your Information Secured?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 21. In addition, to buy, sell product on AH or obtain referral credits in connection with a sales and purchases, the user must be at least 21 years of age or using the Services under the supervision of an adult parent or legal guardian, in which case the adult is responsible for all account-related activity. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.